Monday, October 01, 2007

Monitor doubles as boob tube

Maybe our next TV should be a monitor.
--pws


excerpts from http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2007/10/01/mit_soldiers_on_with_backsaver/


I often find myself watching my own TV shows on a computer screen in my home office. I know I'm not alone. My computer monitor is also my personal boob tube.

ViewSonic Corp. recently announced two, widescreen, high-definition "dual-purpose" LCD TVs for the home. The Diamani DUO TVs have six inputs to simultaneously accommodate your PC or gaming console, DVD player, and your cable or satellite box, for example.

The Diamani DUO TVs include the 19-inch NX1932w (about $350), and the 22-inch NX2232w (about $400.) The 19-inch model has a 1440x900 native resolution; the 22-inch, 1680x1050.

ViewSonic says the DUOs will look good in any room. To me, they look too much like computer monitors and not enough like TVs.


No comments: