Monday, November 05, 2007

Fwd: patriots v colts

What insightful and even-handed commentary from tigermouth61.  :)
--pws, aka tm61

from http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/are-the-patriots-unbeatable/#comment-61178

Whew! That was a close game. I'm surprised the commentators (I hate that word) didn't comment on Brady's first interception. It was clearly underthrown; Stallworth had to nearly stop and wait for the ball, giving the defender time to step in front and intercept.

What did you think of that one-handed catch by Moss. Unreal. Then a few plays later he drops an easy pass. But all was forgiven with his next couple of big catches.

The pass interference calls were pretty bogus. I'll admit the first was probably interference and would have been a TD if he hadn't interfered. But I just didn't see the interference on the second call; if anything it looked as though the Colts player interfered with us. And even though Moss gets away with pushing off on many of his catches, I sure didn't see any offensive interference on the play he got the penalty.

Lot's of conspiracy nuts out there that think the commish told the refs to give the game to the Colts. The same nuts also think the Colts pumped up the crowd noise with recordings. Crazy!

I watched the highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e4990) and couldn't hear any skip, but the video did make me wonder why Bethea wasn't down after his interception. Stallworth grabbed him by the shoulders and knocked him to the ground. Why isn't that a tackle? (Not a rhetorical question, I really want someone to explain the rule to me.) Instead, Bethea got up and ran for several yards.

Another close and exciting game between these two teams. Very tense every time we face the Colts. I'm very nervous about facing the Colts in the playoffs. Glad it's Brady and his teammates that will be on the field instead of me.

— Posted by tigermouth61

No comments: