Thursday, June 14, 2007

Keep home smelling fresh with essential oils

from http://tailorednews.com/TMsubscribe/ViewOnline.asp?u=rSLahi7TCDiJN&t=&l=&e=&m=

Scents of Home
As dog lovers know all too well, it's often not easy to keep a dog-friendly house clean and fresh smelling. Instead of turning to products laden with artificial scents and other chemicals, Stacy from Florida has a better idea:

"I have two 'love of my life' Rottweilers that live in/outdoors in Southern Florida with me. I vacuum frequently and something that has helped me tremendously keep my green-clean house smelling lovely is putting organic cotton balls with approximately 10 drops of essential oils into the vacuum cleaner bag. The scent lasts until I change my vacuum bag, just about once a month.

I have received so many compliments on my yummy smelling house--essential oil favorites are orange, lemon, rosemary, rose and lavender. Who needs all those toxic air fresheners and aerosol cans?! Simple. Effective. Inexpensive. Earth Friendly. Health Friendly. Doggie Friendly. Try it--you'll like it!

Even if you don't have indoor pets, this tip sounds like a winner. With or without pets, what do you do to keep your house smelling nice?

Share your "green" idea with us! If we select your tip to publish in our blog and fl@vors newsletter, we'll mail you a $25 Whole Foods Market gift card. Help us positively support the environment and share your idea today.


Post your tip on our new Whole Green Blog.

No comments: